DIY Daybeds are very common in most households. They save on space by acting as a couch during the day and as a bed during the night. The daybed can be designed to have extra storage space. Consider adding storage underneath the daybed. With these easy DIY daybed ideas, you can use them to build one yourself. Consider having one in your house to save on space.
How Do You Build a Daybed Yourself
There are several ideas that can be used to build a daybed in the house. Here are some of the ideas used to build a DIY daybed:-
- Build a strong frame.
- You can then have the frame set around on a mattress.
- Add wooden legs below the frame of the mattress by screwing them.
- You can as well have wheels in place of the wooden legs. This makes the daybed movable hence one can push it out during the day to have a breeze.
- Add fashionable pillows on top of the mattress to make it more classy.
- The frame can be painted in different colors and designs to make the daybed more attractive.
To add on these, one may want to have extra storage space to have items like shoes and clothes. Build wooden cabinets and add doors. Have them below the mattress, also consider adding fashionable pillows on top of the mattress. Here the daybed serves three functions; sitting, sleeping and storing your stuff. This saves a lot on space.
Other ways of building a DIY daybed include;Building a flat piece of wooden block that is narrow enough to support the mattress around. You can then have the mattress on top of the wooden block. Supplement that with pillows to make it beautiful. The wooden block may also have wheels to make it movable.
These are the most common methods that can be used to build a DIY daybed designs.